- Information We Collect
When you download and use the Mobile App to interact with us through the Services, we collect Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below:
- Personal Data That You Provide: We, or service providers acting on our behalf, collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such information through the Mobile App, such as when you use one of the available features to, for example, submit a maintenance request or work order, chat with the concierge, use mobile access to enter an area, view transit information, book certain amenities with a third party provider, or register a visitor.
- Information Automatically Collected via the Mobile App: When you interact with Company through the Mobile App, we, and HqO acting on our behalf, automatically receive and store certain information regarding your actions taken within the Mobile App. Such information, which is collected using first-party tracking technologies known as JSON Web Tokens (JWT), cannot presently be used to specifically identify you and includes, but is not limited to, pages of the Mobile App used, content with which you interact, and building events which you attended or in which you have expressed interest. This information may be pooled with other information to track, for example, the total number of users of our Mobile App and the number of users who visit and interact with each page of our Mobile App for the purposes of product development and improvement and to notify you about events and features that may be of interest to you. It is important to note that no Personal Data is available or used in this process.
- Aggregated Data: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the tenants of our building and users of the Services, Company and HqO often conduct research on tenant and user demographics, interests and behavior based on the Personal Data and other information provided via the Mobile App. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis by HqO, and Company may share this aggregate data with its affiliates, agents and business partners, including HqO, to use and disclose for their own purposes, as permitted by applicable law. This aggregate information does not identify you personally, nor can it reasonably be associated with you.
2. Administering Your Mobile App Account
When you download the Mobile App and set up an account, HqO will collect certain Personal Data from you such as, your email address and password, in order to create and administer your account. Additionally, HqO will collect Personal Data you provide as a part of any support requests submitted via the “Help” sections of the Mobile App, including your name, email address, and the content of your request.
3. Our Use of Your Personal Data and Other Information
- provide you with information, products and services that you request from us;
- respond to an enquiry or other request you make when you contact us via the Mobile App, including for customer support;
- identify a user for authentication to the Mobile App;
- notify you about any changes to the Services;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts;
- issue a notice or corrective action to you in relation to any of the Services, if required;
- help us improve the content, functionality, and security of the Mobile App and the Services, and to better understand how you use the Services; and
- provide you with information about events, promotions, features, or other services which we believe will be of interest to you similar to those that you have already attended, enquired about, or purchased, as described in the “Marketing / Push Notifications” section below.
4. Marketing / Push Notifications
Company and service providers, like HqO, acting on our behalf may use information collected through the Mobile App, such as services you have used and events you have attended, to send you push notifications through the Mobile App about events, promotions, features, and services offered through the Mobile App that may be of interest to you. Where required by applicable law and to the extent they constitute marketing, we will obtain appropriate consent prior to sending you such notifications. If at any time you wish to opt-out of receiving any future notifications, please change your notification settings in the Mobile App or on your device, or contact us as indicated below.
5. Our Disclosure of Your Personal Data and Other Information
We may share your Personal Data with certain other entities without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Agents, Service Providers, and Business Partners: Company sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions and provide other functionality of the Mobile App. Examples of such companies include HqO to build and host the Mobile App and the Services; our IT service providers that maintain our databases; and companies with whom we partner or whose services are integrated into the Mobile App in order to provide certain Mobile App features, such as registering visitors, handling maintenance requests or work orders, providing mobile access, and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- Third Party Amenities Providers: We may share your Personal Data with third party providers of amenities you interact with through the Services, such as dry cleaning, chair massages, fitness classes, and salon appointments, in order to fulfill your requests, reservations, and contracts with these third party amenities providers.
- Business Transfers: As we or HqO develop our respective businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets or shared during the diligence process.
- Legal Obligations: Company or HqO may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Company or HqO, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
6. Storing Your Personal Data
Your Personal Data collected via the Mobile App and through our Services will be stored on servers located in the United States. This includes by individuals or service providers engaged in, among other things, administration of an enquiry or request you make via the Mobile App, or the provision of support services.
7. Data Retention
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
9. Links to Other Web Sites, Applications, or Services
Company takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Mobile App and the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, messages sent to or from this Mobile App may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Mobile App. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Company.
12. Your Rights
To keep your Personal Data accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Data in our possession that you have previously submitted via this Mobile App or the Services.
For California residents: Please refer to the “Additional Information for California Residents” section below for information about your rights.
13. Additional Information for California Residents
This section applies solely to California residents. In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), this section notifies California residents of (1) the Personal Information that we collect and how we disclose that information;
Personal Information Collection and Disclosure
Categories of Personal Information Collected: We collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identification Information, such as name, username, email address, phone number, and work address.
- Employment and Professional Information, such as employer name.
- Online Activity Information, such as IP address, device information, the date and time of your request, how you interacted with the Mobile App, and other usage information automatically collected using JSON Web Tokens.
- Commercial Information, such as purchase, payment, and billing information, although payment and billing information are provided directly to a payment processor.
- Location Information, if you choose to enable Location Services to use certain Mobile App features, such as mobile access.
- Photo/Visual Information, if you choose to grant the Mobile App access to your pictures or videos or otherwise upload such information.
- Biometric Information, if you choose to enable biometric authentication to make purchases through the Mobile App, although such information is provided directly to a payment processor.
- Inferences drawn from any of the above information.
Sources of Personal Information: We collect the above categories of Personal Information from you and as otherwise described in the “Information We Collect” section above.
Purposes of Collection and Disclosure: We collect and disclose the above categories of Personal Information for the business and commercial purposes described in the “Our Use of Your Personal Data and Other Information” and “Our Disclosure of Your Personal Data and Other Information” sections above.
Categories of Personal Information Sold or Disclosed for a Business Purpose: We disclose above categories of Personal Information for a business purpose as described in the “Our Disclosure of Your Personal Data and Other Information” section. We do not sell your Personal Information.
Your California Privacy Rights
To the extent provided for by the CCPA and subject to applicable exceptions and exclusions, California residents have the following privacy rights in relation to the Personal Information we collect:
- The right to know what Personal Information we have collected and how we have used and disclosed that Personal Information.
- The right to request deletion of your Personal Information.
- The right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information. We do not sell your Personal Information.
- The right to be free from discrimination relating to the exercise of any of your privacy rights.
Verification: In order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access or deletion, we may require you to verify your login credentials before you can submit a request to know or delete Personal Information. If you do not have an account with us, or if we suspect fraudulent or malicious activity, we may ask you to provide additional Personal Information for verification. If we cannot verify your identity, we will not provide or delete your Personal Information.
Authorized Agents: You may submit a request to know or a request to delete your Personal Information through an authorized agent. If you do so, we may require the agent to present signed written permission to act on your behalf and you may also be required to independently verify your identity with us and confirm that you have provided the agent permission to submit the request.
14. Contact Us
675 Ponce de Leon Avenue, 7th Floor
Atlanta, Georgia 30308
Email: [email protected]
Toll Free: +1-888-914-9661 (PIN: 773 067)
Online: Web Form
If you have questions about your Mobile App account or the information described in Section 2, contact HqO by email at [email protected], call HqO at 833-225-5476, or write HqO at 38 Chauncy Street, Floor 12, Boston, MA 02111.